Friday, August 1, 2008

Aroma Cafe

Sometimes a blog post is so close you can't see it. Sometimes you write about demolition derbies and candy kitchens all while sitting in a place you have never written about. That's how it is with Aroma Cafe in downtown Champaign. I come here so often that I must have written about it - but I haven't. I'll remedy that today.

I love Aroma Cafe. I spent a large portion of law school here, now that I'm working in Champaign I come here every lunch hour that I spend in town. I either get the Beef & Chedda hot sandwich or the Aroma salad with a medium coffee of the day. The food is freshly prepared and yummy, the coffee is good, I like the atmosphere a lot. Today there is a series of yoga inspired paintings that are really beautiful. I've picked out several that I'd love to give as gifts. Oh and free wi-fi / fewer students is a big draw for me.

Other people like it too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aroma's one of my favorite spots in C-U. I tried to make it there when I was in town but there were many new places to try and other oldies but goodies. Have you tried 7 . . . hmm . . .7 something. It's on University, across from the train station. Another of my favorite spots in that area is The Esquire. If you're in the mood for deep fried something, tried the fried broccoli. yum.