Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween recap, NoBloPoMo what?!?!

Last night was a great time. H went out as a fox with the next door neighbor who dressed as a Lego. You could not ask for a better kid next door, Lego held H's hand when they went up to houses and introduced him. They were out for an hour and a half and went all around our neighborhood. I stayed home and passed out treats. I gave out Chinese finger traps and Play-Doh and those were a big hit.

All the kids were polite, even the teenagers. One teen had those ugly recalled Halloween teeth in his mouth and that gave me the biggest scare of the night. You know you're a mom when you tell some kid you don't know, "Get those out of your mouth! Lead! Poison!"

H doesn't know yet that most kids go home and gorge on sugar after bringing home their haul. I certainly did when I was a child. So he came home and played in his pile of candy and asked about each item. Even without eating any candy, and filling him up with a couple yogurts before bed, he was wired last night and bedtime took until 9:30.

Day one of NoBloPoMo is in the goody bag. Who knows if I'll be able to continue with my new awesome job starting TOMORROW, but for today the 40 readers who are left (boo hoo) get a little something to start the day. Perhaps the theme of the month may be re-discovering Springfield.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

K & C were found sorting through their candy afterwards as well! How cute that H did the same!

Amy said...

Yay for the new job! I am so happy for you. Sounds like your holiday was great. Let's try for that night out again soon.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Email me a pic, I live for when howl-o-ween rolls around.

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Great news about your job!

We'll have to do a playdate or girls night soon so you can tell us about it!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your new job!

Unknown said...

Congrats and good luck on your new gig. Just be yourself and you'll do great.