Monday, November 5, 2007

Downtown Springfield

Boy has downtown Springfield changed in the four years I've been away. I had to go to the bank and the post office over lunch today and scoped out SO many new shops and restaurants.
I've eaten at two old favorites so far, Breadstretchers and Boone's Saloon. Boone's seems like it is trying to be a little more upscale. The sandwich maker at Breadstretchers thinks everyone should be ordering basil and oregano on the Tree Hugger.
I need some recommendations, dear readers. What gyms should I check out that are near the capitol complex? Is the Y my only option? I'm also looking for a nail place that doesn't do fakes, just manicures. Also, what is the DEAL with the traffic on Clear Lake at 5 o'clock?!? It's crazy busy. Is there a better route from the capitol complex to I-55 N? And where is the cheap gas? Leave a comment and help a working girl out, please.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How about taking 9th Street? Not sure if the traffic would be any better but by the time you get to the highway, you're already past Sherman. Just go north on 9th. It will become Peoria Rd. Go to the right when you come to Veterans.

My step-dad works out at the YMCA. If you're interested in racquetball, let me know and I'll give you his information.

Henny Penny said...

I took 9th to Sangamon tonight and it took 20 minutes to get to the interstate instead of the half hour it took last night.