Thursday, August 9, 2007

Trout Lily Cafe, Springfield

I always enjoy knocking around in downtown Springfield and with so many people heading to the state fair this week, I'll share a favorite coffee and lunch stop.
The Trout Lily Cafe is a cozy coffee shop with good lunches and great magazines to read. I'm a big fan of the quiches and chicken salad sandwich. The service is good and friendly. Trout Lily Cafe has free wi-fi which is new since I was last there. You can also reserve space for small gatherings like book clubs. I had my Springfield baby shower there and the staff really made us feel welcome. I couldn't believe it was the first visit for many of my Springfield girlfriends. I'm sure it wasn't the last.
In August there is acoustic music over the lunch hour every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. If you are looking for good coffee and great atmosphere in Springfield you can hardly beat Trout Lily Cafe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post. Their food and acoustic performers make it one of the best lunch spots in Springfield.
Thanks for the link!