Thursday, September 4, 2008

HEY you blooooooooooooggers!

Want to explore the seat of history (Lincoln and Obama!) with me? The Illinois Bureau of Tourism has set up a day in Springfield IL for a family-friendly blogger meet-up. Here's the 411.

Mark your calendars (and leave me a comment so I can get you on the list) to join us in celebrating the great state of Illinois in Springfield on September 13th from 10:30 – 3:30 p.m.
With the presidential elections upon us this fall you can Blaze Your Own Trail by joining us to experience Illinois’ unique tie to presidential history and culture, as well as the popular fall events, scenic drives and agritourism opportunities provided to travelers this season.

Below you will find the itinerary details for you and your family to enjoy at the Blaze Your Own Trail event.
Saturday September 13th, 2008

10:00 am Welcoming remarks at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum from State Historian Tom Schwartz. Enjoy the museum at your own pace, with Mr. Schwartz on hand to answer questions.

11:45 am Brief Springfield Trolley tour of the downtown area

12:00 pm Hosted lunch at the Pizza Machine RestaurantAfter lunch we have setup three different options to choose so that you can pick what is most interesting to you!

*Option 1
1:45 pm Visit Lincoln Home National Historic Site
2:30 pm Visit Lincoln Herndon Law Office(Visit the Old State Capitol (where Obama announced his campaign and his VP) if time is permitted!)

*Option 2
1:45 pm Visit the State Museum (this is the option I'm picking)
2:30 pm Visit the Dana Thomas House (the governor is closing this historic site)

*Option 3
1:45 pm Lincoln History Walk
From here we will reconvene at Peases Candy at the end of the day, where you and your family can enjoy everything the city of Springfield has to offer on your own!

Come meet me and my twitter fabulous twin.
Chicago bloggers, this is the perfect opportunity to take Amtrak down. I'm looking at you, Byrneunit.

12 comments:

Kim Moldofsky said...

We can't make it, but what a fun idea! We took a family trip to Springfield last year. It was fun + educational. Good luck with the event!

(@molydmom on Twitter)

Mocha said...

You know me. I'll be there.

Can't wait to meet you!

SunnyD said...

Thanks for the heads up, but we're on vacation in Wisconsin Sept. 6-14.

Peoria Peepers said...

Wow, sounds interesting. I'm sorry to say I am Wisconsin bound, too, leaving on the 12th and returning on the 14th.

Jennifer said...

Hi, I would love to come to the blogger event.
Sincerely,
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Hi, I would love to come to the blogger event.
Sincerely,
Jennifer

cinnamongirl93 said...

Hi! Cinnamongirl here. Thanks for visiting me over at my blog. I wish I could come and get involved in a meet up. I already have plans for the day that I can't change.
Please keep me in mind if you do it again.
I hope everyone has a great time!

Henny Penny said...

Jennifer! I can't access your blog name or e-mail address through your blogger profile. Feel free to show up to the event. If you need a hotel room e-mail me at central.illinois.living @ gmail.com TODAY so I can hook you up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite but unfortunately I will be out of town.

Brian said...

Aw, man -- I just now found this post! Thanks for the invite anyway! Jeez, I hope the rain didn't sweep things away.

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful event.

It'll take awhile before I use all the photos from this day.

Here's the first page of photos:

Springfield Blogger's Excellent Adventure
http://springfieldphotos.blogspot.com/2008/09/springfield-bloggers-excellent.html

gotshoo.com said...

Sorry I wasn't able to go. From the photos, looked like a great time!